Sunday, November 20, 2011

2011/08/22 Hip Surgery - Update

Dear Friends:

I am schedule for complete hip replacement surgery on my right hip with a new titanium hip for August 30, 2011 at 8:30am EST.  I would ask for your prayers during this time. Both my primary care physician, and my orthopedic surgeon both anticipate a routine procedure with no complications based on my recent blood test results.


According the place I will have surgery at 8:30am on the 30th.  The surgery can take from  3 to 5 hours.  Once completed, I will return to my room (after waking in recovery) and will be in the hospital for 3 days.  Hopefully on Friday, September 2, 2011 I will be discharged and allowed to go home. The next month will consist of physical therapy 3 times a week (plus home exercises).  My orthopedic surgeon said I should be up on my feet later in the day after surgery and I should be able to resume normal daily living activities after the second week.


Thank you in advance for your prayers and support.


Peace,

Br Jeff

Rev. Brother Jeff Wolfe, M.Div. (Candidate)

Director
St. John XXIII Pastoral & Outreach Center 

http://www.stjohnxxiiipoc.org
rev_jwolfe@stjohnxxiiipoc.org
rev_jwolfe@accus.us

(317) 238-9393 (office)
(952) 556-9171 (fax)
http://www.accus.us